About the design
A gorgeous fountain pen by Sailor Pen. The resin body has a unique finish with a hand-designed imagery of cranes flying under a red sun and high above a distant mountain range. With delicate lines, you can see the beautiful and natural motion of the hand made image.
About the Tradition of Maki-e
‘Maki-e’ is a highly respected traditional Japanese hand-applied decoration process with more than 1200 years of history. Maki-e is regarded as the top of the Japanese decorative crafts on many different materials. Precious materials such as Gold, Silver, Enamel, Abalone shell (mother of pearl) etc.
- Design: Maki-e design of “Tsuru” or Crane
- 14 karat gold nib
- Gold-plated accents
- Body material: Resin
- Postable: Yes
- Screw cap to open and close
- Comes in understated, natural wood gift box with brilliant blue interior lining
- Includes 1 Sailor proprietary converter and 2 proprietary Sailor Black ink cartridges.
- Diameter – Body – 1.21 cm
- Length – Body – 11.65 cm (4.59in)
- Length – Overall / Closed – 13.46 cm (5.30in)
- Length – Overall / Posted – 14.8 cm (5.83in)
- Weight – Body – 10.0g (0.35oz)
- Weight – Cap – 7.0g (0.25oz)
- Weight – Overall – 17.0g (0.60oz)