The observances, festivals, and traditions that give shape and meaning to Jewish life find loving expression in the vibrant art of Malcah Zeldis. From everyday rituals to annual holidays to ceremonies that mark life’s milestones, the 13 images in this calendar joyfully illustrate the union of the spiritual and the domestic that characterizes Judaism. The daughter of Russian immigrants, Zeldis draws on childhood memories, her experiences living in various Orthodox neighborhoods, and the years she spent in Israel to create her richly detailed paintings. Each of the first 12 months of this 16-month calendar features a colorful reproduction accompanied by an explanation of the tradition portrayed. The last four months are grouped on one page, also accompanied by a painting and a commentary. The calendar includes Jewish holidays, days of the Jewish year, weekly Torah readings, and a list of candle-lighting times for selected cities.
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate’s calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.