Osprey fountain pens are made for everyday writing. It is also specialized for the use of calligraphers and artists who want to use the pen for sketching or drawing. The nibs between Osprey Milano and Osprey Scholar fountain pens are interchangeable. The nib units have threads that screw and unscrew easily, without the mess of friction fit each time.
About Osprey Milano
The Osprey Milano was designed for writers considering the balance between ergonomics and aesthetics. It is a great choice for someone who prefers writing with a heavier pen. The Osprey Milano fountain pens are beautifully crafted with ebonite (hard rubber) and are available in several attractive colors.
Osprey Milano and Scholar Fountain Pen Nib Options:
Osprey Standard Nib Options:
Standard Nibs are great for everyday writing. They come in a size 6 and are designed to accept international standard converters or pre-filled ink cartridges, giving you the flexibility to use either bottled ink or pre-filled ink cartridge.
The Standard Nib unit features our classic size 6 threaded insert with the following nib tip options.
- EEF (Extra-Extra-Fine) #6 chrome stainless-steel nib unit
- EF (Extra-Fine) #6 chrome stainless-steel nib unit
- Fine #6 chrome stainless-steel nib unit
- Medium #6 chrome stainless-steel nib unit
- Broad #6 chrome stainless-steel nib unit
- Broad Stub #6 chrome Stainless-steel nib unit
*If you want your fountain pen to come with just the Standard nib, then select a nib of your choice from the Standard Nib options dropdown menu, and for the Flex Nib option select ‘None’.
Osprey Flex Nib options:
Flex nibs are perfect for calligraphy users! We offer a choice of a Zebra g flex nib or a size 5.5 stainless steel flex nib with different tip sizes. The Flexpert series come with Flex nib options fitted with a custom ebonite feed and a custom converter. These will only work with bottled fountain pen-friendly inks. You have the following options:
- None (Use this option to opt-out of choosing a flex nib)
- Flexpert – Manga Zebra G titanium nib unit with custom converter
- Flexpert – EEF (extra-extra fine) #5.5 stainless steel flex nib with custom converter
- Flexpert – EF (extra fine) #5.5 stainless steel flex nib with custom converter
- Flexpert – Fine #5.5 stainless steel flex nib with custom converter
- Flexpert – Medium #5.5 stainless steel flex nib with custom converter
- Flexpert – Broad #5.5 stainless steel flex nib with custom converter
*For Zebra G Flexpert, we recommend using Noodler’s standard black ink. If you encounter rail-roading, flush your pen thoroughly using Ammonia/Distilled water and Dish-soap mix. Do NOT use Platinum carbon or non-fountain pen-friendly inks as it will clog up your pen!
Length (capped): 142.0 mm/5.59″
Diameter (section): 10.6 – 11.4 mm/0.41″ – 0.45″
Weight (all): 26 g