Made primarily of polyester, with a “butterfly stopper” that uses a pen to hold the cover shut. A collaboration with the Tokyo National Museum, this cover features artwork by Edo-era lacquer painter Shibata Zenshin. The bookmark charms are diamond-shaped.
Shibata Zeshin (1807-1891) was born in Ryogoku, Edo, and was an active lacquer artist and painter from the late Edo period until the middle of the Meiji era. He had many lacquering techniques that he created himself, and created many magnificent lacquer wares and paintings. Zeshin had trained in art since he was young in order to draft sketches for lacquer work, so he also demonstrated talent in painting sketches, portraits, and designs.
One of these is Tairyukyo Gafu, a collection of 72 pictures depicting plants, animals, people, and landscapes. Tairyukyo is one of the names Zeshin went by, which originated from the fact that he could see a willow tree on the opposite side of the bank of the Kanda River where he lived at one time.
The print on this cover features one of the most beautiful selections from the Tairyukyo Gafu. It’s called “Small White Butterfly” and it has an exceptionally beautiful background color and a skillful composition.
The artwork has a gradient where a warm yellow color, reminiscent of spring sunshine, blends into a green with the gentle hue of freshly sprouted young grass. Above that dances a small white butterfly. The “butterfly stopper” pen holders are made with white synthetic leather and bring the whole cover together.
- INCLUDES: Hobonichi Techo, Cousin Planner
- Color: Small White Butterfly / Pale blue reminiscent of a clear sky(exterior/interior)
- This cover fits an A6 size Hobonichi Techo book
- Material: Primarily polyester
- Has “butterfly stopper” – pen loops on either side keeps book shut when pen is inserted
- Great design which works well in all settings
- Interior is a pale blue reminiscent of a clear sky
- Perfect for use with a patterned ‘Cover on Cover’
- Size A6 size H: 165 x W: 244 x T: 3 mm / H: 6.5″ x W: 9.6″ x T: 0.1″
*Excluding pen holders
*Specifications may vary slightly
- Weight Approx. 100 g